Macmine Junction to Waterford Railway Line
Glenmore, Co.Kilkenny, was a small wayside station on the Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway’s line from Macmine Jct to Waterford via New Ross. Glenmore was the only intermediate station between New Ross and Waterford, and opened with that section of the line in April 1904. The station had one platform on the up side, with a goods loading bank and shed on the down side. There was small single storey station masters house and corrugated iron station building, the latter sited on the platform. Passenger services over the line ceased in March 1963, but the section from New Ross to Waterford remained in use for ferilizer traffic until 1995, with the line being disused ever since. Today part of the single platform remains at Glenmore, with the station masters house now a private house.
An illustrated map of the New Ross to Waterford Greenway.
Getting here couldn’t be easier. Access points at New Ross & Waterford.